Thursday 6 October 2016

crevices and corners

the creak in the wall
reflects the gaps in my head
slowly filling in, not with truth
with dust of the realities instead 
I sit beside this noisy road
ideas rushing one nerve at a time
looking forward to destination far ahead
yet wondering why this poetry doesn't rhyme 
It is the journey we need to cherish
people often say it out loud
am i missing the point i think?
or there is a cloud hanging above the already present cloud
the creak in the wall
that I am staring at
looks back at me with laughter
It reminds me of the world
not proper, not perfect
it reminds me of how I am
imperfect, yet present, in the present conflict
The tea is cold
and so are the thoughts
waiting for a eureka moment to happen
about to get up
and take that leap,
for the sake of
filling with MY reality, the damn creak! 

Do it, right now. 

- Diary of an Oxymoron

No comments:

Post a Comment