Monday 16 December 2013

As I drive, around (my) city

Delhi oh Delhi, 

You are a pain in my belly


With traffic as high as the crime 

I can't love u anymore, not this time 


I feel like running away from the maddening crowd, 

It's so polluted, it's so loud 


I don't even know why I m here till now, 

I go n come back, back n forth I bow


People around r getting on my nerves, 

No sense of rules, all around pervs


Let's not even talk about the power game, 

No hard work pays fruit, what works is just the name 


I sing this painful abode as I drive back home, 

With men staring at me, people breaking rules, how can I calmly roam.. 


I dream of a place where life could b at peace, 

Where I could feel free, breathe at ease. 


With absolutely no words to end this painful tale, 

I take a leave, with a soul oh so pale..

No comments:

Post a Comment