Wednesday 26 March 2014

The Distorted Mirror

I see you, You see me
Its a feeling oh so free
The world turns round and round
When the eyes meet, nothing else surrounds

When seeing becomes bare and bruises become naked
Practicality becomes outdated
The pretty and ugly comes alive at the same time
And everything makes sense, every word rhymes

I see you, you see me
The struggle begins to be, and not to be
Should you hide your scars or leave wounds open
Should you show the strong side, or show it as broken

When seeing becomes knowing and understanding flips
Emotions take an unprecedented trip
The likes and dislikes come alive on the surface
And everything seems senseless, meaningless seems the preface

I see you, you see me
It is a feeling of not being free
You hate it all, you judge every bit
Whatever you hated comes back, tat for tit

When seeing becomes hating and repulsion is felt
In the mirror, your image starts to slowly melt
Should you run away from the distorted version of you
Or stick around to cherish the feelings so rare and moments so few

I see you, you see me
Its the same, yet so different... thats all it is to be in this irony!

- Diary of an Oxymoron

No comments:

Post a Comment